The aims of this framework are:
- to support the Island’s commitment to life long learning from when children start Primary school into, and through, adulthood.
- to support schools and UCM in delivering key aspects of employability and careers education that will enable learners at different stages and ages to make informed choices about the next steps in their learning and lives.
It is based on 4 key principles:
1. Learner focused but supportive of wider systems
2. Incorporates a golden thread of unifying ‘Lifelong Learning Skills Language’
3. Grows individual’s awareness of self and opportunity
4. Supports access to an entitlement offer around Employability and Careers education for all learners